|1. Never try to outstubborn a cat.
2. Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this because of all the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this. A dog's idea of personal grooming is to roll on a dead fish.
3. Meow is like aloha -- it can mean anything.
4. There is no cat 'language.' Painful as it is for us to admit, they don't need one.
5. Women and cats will do as they please! Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
6. We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is
in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again, and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
7. Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the leash. That one is the cat.
8. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
9. In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
10. Managing senior programmers is like herding cats.
11. Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.
12. As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."
13. One cat just leads to another.
14. Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later.
15. Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
16. People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life.
17. I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.
18. There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
19. The cat has too much spirit to have no heart.
20. Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want.